IRA & 401K Rollovers

When you change jobs or retire, there are four things you can do with the money in your employer-sponsored retirement plan:

  • Leave the money where it is;
  • Take the cash (and pay income taxes and perhaps a 10% federal tax penalty if you are younger than age 591/2);
  • Transfer the money to another employer plan (if the plan allows); or
  • Roll the money over into an IRA.

Rolling over from one qualified plan to another qualified plan allows your money to continue growing tax-deferred until you receive distributions in retirement. At Heise Advisory Group, we can help determine if a rollover is the right move for you and if so, we can help find the best vehicle to conserve and grow your rollover assets.